Welcome to my 'work in progress' art blog.
Below is my current 'work in progress', or check out older works on the right under 'blog archive'.
Side note (Feb 2015): unfortunately I some how managed to delete most of the photos in my blogs:( I will endeavour to slowly add them back in (starting with the gallery section at the end and the most recent posts) but for now you might see a few error signs.
Please visit me at Redbubble to check out more of my work using the link to the right.
Thanks for visiting and I hope you enjoy my work. Please scroll down to view and I welcome any creative feedback.
As with all art, all pictures are subject to copyright.
25 July 2015
After seeing how the paint dried i decide to layer some light colour in, almost rubbing it in with my fingers concentrating more on the areas that have dried thin. For some reason I started with Violet...then had a 'oops' moment but after adding a few more colours I actually don't mind it.
Leaves and body done. Tried to take pics to show the texture (although they are blurry and shiny cos the paints still wet). You can still see the texture of the leaves through the body from where the glue dried....which was the intention. Not sure about the background yet.
24 July 2015
Time for some finger painting. Yep straight out of the tube following the basic direction of the lines.
Just used bright colors for the base but will layer some darker colors on top later. Have left the paint thick in places to give it more texture. Not so concerned about sharp lines, just shapes, texture and flow of the paint.
18 July 2015
In order to give the leaves some texture I have spread PVA glue on the areas where the leaves will be with my fingers. I would have prefers plaster or I'm sure there is something fancier out there but we use what we have:) I haven't used it this way before so will be interesting to see how the paint covers it.
17 July 2015
16 July 2015
While I wait for the sun to come out so I can varnish the twig sculpture, I was inspired to scetch the following picture on my iPad. I'm thinking of somehow turning into a painting but with some texture in the leaves......will see what happens.
12 July 2015
10 July 2015
07 July 2015
Making the leaf look like its floating didn't quite work. Instead I have used a little bit of glue to glue the leaf stem to the twig frame.....and now a delicate balancing act to prop the leaf so it dries in the right position, cos I am so not holding it still for 30min or so. Let's hope the glue holds.
05 July 2015
Inspiration hit, (when I was at work of course) to create three cubes out of twigs and suspend the dried leaves in the middle to make them look like they are floating and ‘frozen in time’……….and not destroy the leaves in the process.
A gloss varnish might work also……….mmm.